Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day 2009

Friday night we headed out to the lake for the weekend. We headed out at Sophia's bedtime so that she would sleep the hour and half drive... and YAY she did! We got there a little bit late, but my brother and his friend Audray were there as well. We just hung out and relaxed some Friday night!
Saturday we got up and went about our routine. Headed into town to go to Walmart for groceries, and of course we stopped by the outlets and got Zach some work clothes for a great buy! Saturday was another relaxing day. We had some neighbors over for dinner and after S went to bed Zach and I stayed with my brother and his friend Audray. She seems super nice.



In my camo for Uncle Matthew


Playing in the bowl with my Uncle Matthew... we have matching camo!


Uncle Matthew's camo rain boots!


Matthew and Audray


Grandpa's BIG fish


Lookin for another


Late Saturday night we had an unexpected visitor.... Grandpa was having trouble sleeping so he was up on the deck trying to relax when he noticed a fisher on the dock. He curiously watched for a few minutes then headed down barefoot in his robe. He asked the man, what are you doing on my dock... the man gave him a few run around answers, when Larry noticed that he had about 10 poles that belonged to him on this man's boat. When he confronted him, the man jumped on his boat and took off. The cops were called out late that night and Larry and Matthew went searching for the boat... they ended up finding a trailer that might have gone with the boat, but most likely we will not get them back. The sad thing is that they were rods and reels that were worth several hundred dollars each. I just hope that the insurance will cover the stolen fishing equipment.

After all the craziness Saturday night, Sunday Grandma, Sophia, Pam (neighbor at the lake) and I packed up and headed to Canton. We found lots of great buys. Sophia got a the cutest outfit with tights and a GREAT hairbow... however I didn't get a picture of the outfit, it is in her room, and she is fast asleep. Canton was a lot of fun. I can't wait to go back hopefully before Xmas!
Sunday night the neighborhood at the lake got together for a BBQ! My brother cooked ribs and I made some yummy mac n cheese. We also had beer can chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, and corn bread. It was incredible.

Grandma, Me, and Pam with our finds at Canton.... my mom got a bracelet, I got a necklace and so did Pam!


Maverick and Elvis


Elvis, Pam's new puppy! Isn't he ADORABLE!! Sophia loved him! He was just her size.


Ribs my bro made!


S and Uncle Matthew


Sophia in her new shoes!


Aren't they SOOO PRECIOUS!!

S and Mommy


S and Daddy
She was a little mad, but she still LOVES her daddy!


Loving Uncle Matthew... he was letting her chew on ice... she loved it!


Play time at the BBQ...

she loves her musical instruments!


Monday S got up early with Grandma and Grandpa (like she did all weekend... thank you both) and Zach and I slept in a little while longer. We ate super yummy pancakes and sausage for breakfast and just chilled until late in the afternoon... then headed back home to prepare to go back to school today!

Doing the dishes!


Such a big helper!


SO BIG!


I also wanted to mention three things!
1. that we have tooth #9!! On the bottom right side! SO SUPER BIG!!!
2. Sophia had her first ALL finger foods dinner last night! Peaches, green beans, carrots and noodles! She loved it. I do think that we will just be finishing her baby food that I have made for her and then we will be ALL done with baby foods!!!
3. Dropping her off at Mammaw's went so well this morning. I took her out of her carseat, she went flying over towards Mammaw and then reached and fussed to go in her octagon to play with her toys and I jetted right out of there! So hopefully we have passed separation anxiety!! (or at least with going to Mammaw's)

I hope that you all had a great weekend like us... here's to a short weekend!

No comments: