Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ringing in the New Year

2008 was a great year with many blessings to be thankful for, especially since we were given our most precious gift, Sophia. For New Years we went out to my parents lake house on Tuesday after Sophia's 2 week check up.
Sophia's 2 week check up:
She is growing right before my eyes. On the 22nd she weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and on Tuesday the 30th she was 8 lbs 6.5 oz.. she gained 9 oz in 8 days!! The doctor said that her weight is average, as well as her head circumference, however she is 21.5 inches long and that puts her in the 80th percentile. She is going to be a tall little lady with long fingers and toes. The appointment went really well. Afterwards we grabbed some lunch and then came home and packed up the car to head to the lake to celebrate the new year. The car was packed super full. Maverick had to ride next to Sophia in the back. He was great with her. He slept with her the whole way to the lake house... an hour and half trip. Sophia did great as well. As soon as we got there Grandma was there waiting for us, well really for Sophia. She had her out of the carseat in mintues and was ready to play with her. The rest of of Tuesday was quiet and relaxing.
Wednesday during the day was very quiet and relaxing... Sophia and I did a lot of sleeping to get ready for the big night, the big party at my parents house. A bunch of the ladies in the neighborhood came over to help my mom decorate for the party. They go all out, karoke, disco ball, dancing, food, and lots and lots of drinks... don't forget the fireworks at midnight!! Zach and I got all dressed up... well the most dressed that I have been since having Sophia, so that felt good. Sophia got all dressed up in her Miss December shirt that my mom got her, her black pants, hair bow, and of course her black patent leather shoes!! We sang some karoke and did a bit of dancing (slow dancing, I still can't do too much moving) We watched the fireworks at midnight and I enjoyed a few glasses of champagne. (my first drink in about 10 months!!) Plus that night Grandma and Grandpa kept Sophia in their room and I got to sleep from 12:20 to 8:45... it was wonderful.
A very, very quiet and relaxing day. I got up at 8:45 and fed Sophia, my mom cooked a great breakfast for me... I napped all day... Zach slept til 3:00 in the afternoon.... he was super tired from staying up so much later with everyone on New Year's Eve. Later that night my mom cooked a super yummy dinner and then we all sat around and played and watched Sophia. We also changed up Sophia's nursing schedule some by moving her 1 am feeding back to 12 am. It went really well. She slept from 12:45-5 am, but I had to wake her up to feed at 5 am. It was great.
The boys went fishing for the day they caught about 60 catfish!!!... Grandpa went and played golf, and the girls (Sophia, me, and Grandma) stayed home and watched the very very sad TECH game. We also went for a stroll around the lake, which was the most exercise that I have had in a couple of months. Again later that night we did the 12 am feeding and again I had to wake her up at 5 am to feed. It was again very exciting, I pumped at 11, and was asleep at 11:30, and Zach fed her at 12 am.
We packed up the car again and headed back to Dallas. Sophia does very well in the car, it puts her right to sleep! We had a very relaxing time and enjoyed all our time with Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Matthew.

No comments: