Thursday, April 30, 2009

Updates!

So there is a lot to catch up on. First... no more nursing!! I have mixed feelings about this. I planned and wanted to nurse Sophia up until August if not until December so that she would have the breast milk for her whole first year, but that is not the case. Sophia got her two bottom teeth super early, at 3 months!! I know it is CRAZY, but now the teeth have been in for about a month and a half and they are more grown in now and razor sharp... so she starting biting me about two weeks ago and I cut back on nursing and began pumping. As with the pump, not as much milk, I have continously gotten less and less. So I was only nursing Sophia first thing every morning. I love that time with her, she is always so happy and cuddly first thing in the morning. Well two days ago she started chomping down in the am too. She likes to knaw on things to sooth her teeting ( I think she is about to get some more teeth.) I am happy to now share the morning feedings with my wonderful husband and maybe catch a few more zzz's in the am, but I sad to give up that special bonding time I had with my daughter. So we are moving right through the rest of the stored up milk and most likely by next week will be on all formula!! I at least know that I gave her 4 1/2 almost 5 months of the best thing for her.
***********************************************************************************

I also wanted to tell you about a beautiful gift that Sophia and I received from a family friend. I had been wanting a necklace with Sophia's name on it for mother's day, and a family friend got me this beautiful heart necklace with her name on it as well as a pearl that dangles next to it. I absolutely love it. She also got Sophia a beautiful spoon engraved with her name on it. She gave me the website that she ordered them on, check it out.

This isn't really a good picture of the spoon, but it is ingraved with SOPHIA MARIE, you will have to check out the website.
**************************************************************************************

DINNER WITH DADDY!

Zach took over the afternoon bottle and cereal feeding! He was a super trooper because he also cooked a yummy dinner for me.

I love this picture it makes me smile... she loves to eat! (and smile for Mommy)

P.S. I am still waiting on the shower pics!!

No comments: