Thursday, February 18, 2010

Playground, new shoes and tooth #13

Today was a busy day for Sophia and me.  I picked her up from Cathey’s and we headed to the Firewheel mall do to a little shoe shopping!  Grandma was on her way to meet up with us and she was running a little late, so we headed on over to the playground to check things out. 

As we headed in and I went to put Sophia down to check it out, she shook her head “No!!” Then she put her arms up like she was asking “what do I do?”  I went ahead an put her down and tried to lead her over to the choo choo train, but she began to cry.  So I of course picked her right up.

(On a side note, as I looked around to survey the area, all the children were playing and the parents were on the benches talking or playing on phones and I seemed to be the only parent on the actual equipment!)

So we head over to the train and climb aboard and she loves it!  She was climbing in and out of chairs, up and down the train, and in and out of the cabins!  She loved it!  I was a little afraid she wouldn’t leave when it was time to go shoe shopping, but Grandma showed up, she grinned from ear to ear, and reached to Grandma to head on out, once we said “Wanna go shoe shopping?”

Jesse's Photos 056 Jesse's Photos 059

  ***************

Jesse's Photos 062

Jesse's Photos 065 And she even played with some of the other kiddos.  One kid even came up to me and said, “My name is Lucas. I’m 3.  What’s your name?  What’s her name?”  It was the cutest. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

NOW off to SHOE SHOPPING!!  We headed to Stride Rite to get Sophia her first big girl pair of shoes.  There were so many choose from, but we went with an everyday kinda shoe.  The kind man measured Sophia’s feet, which she hated and cried through, and then brought out some shoes for her to try on.  She would not let me put her down, nor would she go to Grandma.  We finally picked out a pair, and she got to leave the store wearing her new kicks.

We then headed to back to the train to try out her new shoes.  She played for a few minutes until Daddy called to tell us he was done with his meetings, so we packed up and headed home. 

Jesse's Photos 068 checking out her new kicks!

Jesse's Photos 069I think she likes them!

Little miss fussy pants still wouldn’t go to Grandma until she saw Build A Bear.  Grandma and S checked it out for a few minutes while we felt around in her mouth and guess what we found…. that’s right tooth #13!!! So we now have top front 4, bottom front 4, 4 1st year molars and 1 more bottom tooth, I think they are called incisors!

No comments: