Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was busy and different this year, in a good way.  We usually go to Zach’s parents for Christmas Eve, but with Sophia being older now, we really wanted to be able to put her to bed at the house so that she could put out cookies and milk for Santa.

So we had Zach’s side of the family over and my parents as well.  I cooked White Christmas Chicken Chili.  It was the first time that I had used this recipe and it turned out very yummy.

We had a great time exchanging gifts with the Mitchell side of the family and watching Sophia get ready for Santa to come.  She was so much fun to watch, she really understood what everything was all about.  Plus she loved reading Twas the Night Before Christmas and The Polar Express.

 IMG_6002

My table piece that my mom and I threw together

IMG_6003IMG_6007IMG_6008IMG_6013

 

 

 

 

 

Sophia stealing a cookie, me loving on my little girl, Honey and Sophia, Lindsay Matt, Grandma Beth and Uncle Bob

IMG_6015

IMG_6029IMG_6025

Sophia checking out some of her gifts

IMG_6036

Jordan opening his stocking and Sophia is helping him out!

IMG_6024

My new UGGS!! 

IMG_6044

IMG_6043IMG_6047

Jordan reading Twas the Night Before Christmas to Sophia before she headed to bed to wait the arrival of Good Old St. Nick!

photo(15)

photo(16)photo(17)

Sophia putting cookies and milk out for Santa.  She was really really eyeing the cookies, she then looked up at me and said, “One little bite, please?”  And of course she took a little nibble out of Santa’s cookies!  So cute!

No comments: