Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The battle I have lost

So that past week or so Sophia and I have been battling the thumb. I of course do not want her to suck her thumb so that she does not have an over bite or buck teeth. So I had been taking her thumb out of her mouth and replacing it with the pacifier. For about two days this tactic worked. However since Sunday she does not even want the pacifier. She screams and gets very mad when I try to put the pacifier in her mouth. I have lost the battle to the pacifier.
On a good note, the thumb is my new best friend. I can put her down after her 8 bottle at night and she puts herself to sleep. My sweet little baby is sleeping from 9-5 and some nights she is asleep at 8:30!!! So hopefully when I go back to work on the 23rd she will sleep from 8:30-5. I am hoping that we will get our morning routine down so that we can get up a bit later. Here are a few pictures of Sophia and her thumb!!

3 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

She looks so sweet and peaceful! Just precious :)

Brooke said...

Don't worry about it doing anything to her teeth. I sucked my teeth longer than I want to admit and I'm fine. It is going to be harder to break, but some times you got to just let her do what she needs to self soothe. Peyton could never find her thumb. She tried, but she kept tucking her thumb into her fist. By the way, that picture is incredibly sweet.

Brooke said...

By the way, I meant thumb, not teeth...I don't know if it's even possible to suck your teeth...ha ha