Thursday, February 19, 2009

2 Month Check Up

Weight: 11 pounds 6 ounces 75th percentile
Height: 24 inches 90th percentile
Head circumference: 39.6 cm 75th percentile

We went to the doctor today for Sophia's 2 month check up. Everything checked out just as it should. She was such a good little girl.
I knew she was going to have to get her set of shots, and I honestly thought that I would not be that mom that cried when she cried, especially since I did not cry when she had her tongue clipped a month ago. However, first they gave her a liquid and she chugged it right down (I think she was hungry at the time), then here they came three shots. The first one was not too bad, she started to cry some, but then second one in the same leg, and the whaling began... she turned bright red and was screaming. Then finally the third one in her opposite leg. OMG was she screaming... then I began crying... I had never heard the cry that was coming out of my sweet baby. As soon as I picked her up she started to quiet down. It was very stressful. Once she was dressed and back in her car seat she was quickly fast asleep. At least we have 2 more months til the next round of shots.

No comments: